- Bread dough--sandwich and two rustic loaves*
- Tofu-Tempeh "meat"balls*
- Carrot-miso dipping sauce for above meatballs*
- A gluten free salty pecan crust for a vegan pumpkin pie (which was amazing!)
- Arugula-cilantro pesto
- Coconut milk from shredded, unsweetened coconut*
- Chopping and slicing of veggies
The immersion blender has also helped puree a couple of soups (a red lentil and a curried red kuri squash soup) and blend some walnut-miso dressings. I tried making mayonnaise with it, too, but was not successful. I may have added the olive oil too quickly.
All in all I am very satisfied with our two new appliances. They are broadening my recipe repertoire helping alleviate some of the ho-hum of stand by meals.
*Recipes from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman