Monday, July 9, 2012

Morning Juice

This morning I juiced:
  • 1/2 cantaloupe, seeded and cut into chunks
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 pear, peeled and cored
  • 1 inch peeled ginger
So, so good. 

Then this afternoon I looked at what we had lying around and juiced:
  • 1/2 cantaloupe, seeded and cut into chunks
  • 5 pluots
  • 1 inch peeled ginger
  • 1 cup grapes
So, so good.

The melons will keep coming for a while and peach season is right around the corner. I'm also looking forward to tomatoes. I imagine juicing fresh tomatoes will be of such superior flavor.  I'm not having these juices as meals, but more like snacks or meal enhancers. We've really upped our fruit and veg intake with juicing and juices make for a much better snack than some things I've indulged in before.

I think the Breville and I are going to be good friends.

1 comment:

Chile said...

They sound tasty. Just a reminder, though, that the Reboot website recommends your juice intake proportions over the entire day be 80% vegetable to 20% fruit. Lots of fruit = lots of sugar.